Most journalists start as a general reporter, many people move on to become senior or chief reporters, or specialist writers, such as regional or topic-specific correspondents, or feature writers.
Other career options include moving into news management by joining the news desk, moving into news production or working on news layout and headlines as a sub-editor.
Interested candidates can also work as freelance reporters and photographers.
We always keep an eye out for new and fresh talents. So if you are interested send in your cover letter and CV’s to the following:
- Applicants for Nirapad News Bangla version
- Applicants for Nirapad News English version
- Sub-Editor (English)
Job Description/ Responsibility
- A proven and successful track record as a journalist and/or writer, ideally in the Online news portal, IT &Communication, Media / Advertisement /Event Management or adjacent company.
- Familiarity with digital web technologies, Web and content management technologies, as well as SEO and social media practices.
- Experience with blogging techniques and content management platforms, and professional experience with Excel, Word and other common tools for Web and digital media.
- Ability to create, compose and edit news in English.
- Bachelor’s degree/ Master’s Degree/above, preferably in journalism, English, marketing or communications from reputed university
- Age At least 22 year(s)
- 1-2 years’ experience in various media formats
- Must be fluent in writing and speaking English
- Must be experience on creative writing
- Basic Online Marketing Knowledge will add extra value for selection