Sumel Sarker, 22 October 2015, Nirapad News: Today is “National Safe Road day” & 22nd death anniversary of Jahanara Kanchan. Nirapad Sarak Chai has been observing this day every year all over the country as part of the Nirapad Sarak Chai movement. The day will be observed through various activities and programs.
The programs are…
- The procession, rally, will start at 11 am from the gates of “Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy to Central Shaheed Minar”. Closing assembly will held after the Rally at Central Shaheed Minar.
- Hon’able Home Minister Assaduzzaman Khan Kamal will attend the rally as Chief Guest.
- NISCHA leaders will come together at Banani graveyard for prayer and salvation of Jahanara Kanchan’s soul and prosperity of the organization itself. Flower wreaths will be laid at her grave at noon.
- 87 branches of NISCHA will also hold separate rallies, human chain & functions at their respective districts simultaneously across the country.
- Internationally UK, Saudi Arab & few other countries will also observe the program on this day.
All NISCHA members throughout the country, road crash victims & their family members, different socio-cultural organizations and Civil Society representatives will take part at the program. Nirapad Sarak Chai also demands the day to be observed worldwide as “International Safe Road Day”. This years messeage to observe the day is,
“Chalok-Malik, Jatri-Pothochari Bhai Bhai
Sarak Durghotonamukto Bangladesh Chai”